Tuesday, March 31, 2009

There is no place like Fargo!!!!



Tears are rolling down my face. Sometimes words can not express how deeply a situation has touched you but with music and pictures you can get a glimpse. This is what I have been surrounded with the past week. I have been surrounded by people fighting with a smile on their face to save the community that they love. I have been surrounded with uncertainty and faith that things will turn out for the best. When I first walked into the Fargo Dome to help fill sandbags the site was overwhelming. When I first got a glimpse of the rising water next to homes that I wasn't familiar with tears came to my eyes. They came again as I watched an elderly couple walk up to the front doors ready to do all they could to help. This is why I live here. This is why I suffer through the long and awful winter. It is because of the people. It is because of the hope the faith and the optimism that surround me. I remember being floored the first time I pulled up to the fast food restaurant with how kind and helpful the girl was that passed the food through the window. There is something special about this town. Thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. We've lived in a lot of places and though we've made some great friends everywhere, the people of Fargo are unmatched in their friendliness and love for their community. The people and Rand's commute are the only things we miss, but we miss them ALOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you made me cry! Quite touching seeing all of that.

    ReplyDelete