Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

So here's the story.  At the beginning of the school year I must have been feeling a little ambitious because I signed up to help the PTO.  I know, crazy right?  So for the past 8 months I have been in charge of coordinating staff treats every-other Wednesday.  Usually I forget to call someone to take something in so I usually end up scrounging something up Wednesday afternoon.  Poor staff.  I also helped out with the Holiday Shop in December.  One thing I did not sign up for (well, I did but I had no idea what I was getting myself in for and I have no recollection of sharing my lovely name with the PTO president) was Teacher Appreciation Week.  

A few weeks ago I get a phone call from the PTO informing me that TAW (Teacher Appreciation Week) is coming up fast and since I signed up to co-chair and no one else signed up with me I had better get busy.  At first I was baffled and I really wanted to do this.

I had no idea that this week even existed let alone was I prepared to plan it myself.  However, the past PTO Pres. agreed to help me out and gave me the low down.  So, I have been just a little overwhelmed with the upcoming TAW and in order to solve my overwhelmedness, I started searching the blogs.  I have just discovered Skip to my Lou.  I know I am a little late but she is now one of my new favorite bloggers.  She has an entire section dedicated to TAW!!!!!  Who would have thought?  I have also wanted to try my hand at those nifty little key fobs.  I live in a small community and there are only about 40 teachers and staff at the elementary so I didn't think it would be too hard to whip up a few key fobs as a fun little gift.  I found most of my supplies on MamaSheCrazy and can't wait to find some incredible fabric to spice them up.  I will be using the incredible easy to understand tutorial found here.  I may be getting in over my head but hey, what's new with that?  If anyone else has some suggestions for TAW give me a little shout out.  I can use all the help I can get.       

1 comment:

  1. You should give Christine a call she always manages to get drug into these type of things.

    ReplyDelete