Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Friendship Quilt

Sorry I have been a absent lately but things have been a little crazy. For those that read my personal blog you know that we have been battling a flood for the past week. I have hardly been able to touch my sewing machine let alone calm my addiction. However, since we just received about 1+ feet of snow, I am sure I will be busy doing something since I have no desire to go out in it all.
A few months ago a couple of my quilting friends thought it would be fun to do a fall friendship quilt. They found a fantastic line of Moda fabric and 9 fantastic friends that wanted to be a part of it all. Each person gets 2 different prints and has to design a 12 inch square. We then make 9 of the same square and when we get back together in September we will exchange and end up with 9 different squares to put together in a quilt. I think it will be a lot of fun to see what people come up with and put something together with my Fargo family. I have some fantastic friends that make my life complete so to have something lovingly created my a lot of them will be something I treasure.
Since I am addicted to applique I had to use this cute little acorn that I found at Swak! I love this site and download a lot of my embroidery designs from them. They also have some fantastic sister sites that have a ton of great ideas. Anyway, here is my first ever real quilt block.

Thanks to Shay and Brooke who helped me pick out a design and helped me to pick out some coordinating prints. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.

1 comment: