Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Little Slow

Business has been a little slow the last couple of weeks but after this weekend things are going to get crazy busy.  I get to do some pinch-pleat draperies for a client.  Never done those before but I am so excited and know they will look fantastic in her sun room.  I also get to help my friend Anna over at Paper Treats work on some new throw pillows (but only if she didn't sell her house).  I can't wait to work with some heavier fabrics in some fun bright colors.  I also got a call yesterday to do some drapery panels.  This is a referral from FireFly Designs.  And last but not least, I got an email from a past customer in my Etsy shop asking if I could do up a little shower curtain and monogram it for her.  That will be fun.  
During my down time I was able to work on a few of my own projects that have been pushed back into the deepest darkest corner.  I whipped up a fun little apron for the hubby.  Warmer weather = grilling time.  We purchased ourselves a new grill last month and we are so excited to use it but not very skilled when it comes to new recipes.  So, if you have something good please let me know because my mouth can't wait to water.  
I also worked on a "Scripture Quilt" that I started over 2 years ago.  I finished the top and get to try my hand at quilting it.  I'll let you know how it goes and post a picture of the finished product.  
And last but not least, I made up a few new things to add to the shop.  


I hope to have them listed in the next few days.  There should be a tutorial coming out soon for the Towel Tote.  I was so happy with the finished product and it was so easy to make.  Once I post the tutorial you will have to try it out and give me your opinion.      

1 comment:

  1. I'm emailing you a few recipes for the grill. I can't wait for the towel tutorial. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete